Simone's leading expertise across different legal areas and consolidated industry sector experience, allows him to fully understand the business needs, advise in all phases of a transaction, find appropriate mitigants to risks and guide his clients towards the prompt closing of their deals.
He advised on some of the most prestigious financing and project transactions in Italy and abroad, including, among others:
- Webuild on the project financing of the €2bn RV555 motorway in Norway and related project contracts and Sponsors JV agreement.
- Sorgenia S.p.A. on the €850m credit facilities agreement in connection with the acquisition by the JV between F2i and Asterion of Sorgenia.
- European Investment Bank on the €3.5bn financing for Open Fiber, the broadband company owned by Enel and Cassa Depositi e Prestiti.
- EIB, CDP, other Senior Lenders and SACE on the €1.8bn project financing of the 62.1 km Brebemi toll road linking Brescia to Milan and the related €546m bridge financing and €700m EIB funding to commercial lenders as well as the prepayment through a €1.6bn project bond.
- Astaldi, Nurol, Özaltin, Mak-Yol, Yüksel and Göçay on the project development and financing of the USD10bn Gebze Orhangazi Izmir toll road (420 km), including the Izmit bay crossing suspension bridge (3.3 km).
- Tages Helios 2 on the €425m project refinancing of a blended portfolio of solar and wind plants in Italy.
- A Leading Swiss Fund on the interim financing, senior financing and bridge loan for the acquisition of a minority stake in an Italian Utility (debt in excess of €400m).
- A pharmaceutical multinational on a €300m loan agreement to finance its subsidiaries in different jurisdiction and support its international expansion
- "Lawyer of the Year – Sustainability", Legalcommunity Finance Awards 2022
- "Rising Star" in Project Finance, IFLR1000 2022.
- "Outstanding Counsel" Top Legal Project Finance and Banking & Finance Ranking – 2021 and 2022.
- "Rising Star" in asset finance, M&A, PPP/PFI, Project finance, Real estate finance, IFLR1000 2021
- Ranked among the best lawyers in M&A Mid-Market, Finance and Project by Class Editori 2020.
Simone Egidi is a dual qualified English solicitor and Italian lawyer.
He regularly advises on a broad range of financing transactions in e.g. acquisition finance, project finance, regulated asset finance, export finance, commodity trade finance, leasing, factoring, fund finance, real estate finance and corporate loans. His broader expertise encompasses project contracts (construction, operation, supply, etc.), commercial agreements, funds, private equity, M&A transactions, corporate law and national and international litigation in the projects sector. His clients include major corporations, financiers, investment funds, ECAs and contractors.