Simon advises clients in various industries on a range of corporate transactions, including takeovers, schemes of arrangements and negotiated acquisitions and disposals, as well as shareholder arrangements and restructures. Simon has significant experience in large-scale cross-border transactions, and has completed secondments with a number of different clients, including most recently with the private equity team of a global institutional fund manager.
Simon’s recent experience includes advising:
- Total Tools on its acquisition by Metcash
- Amcor on its acquisition of NYSE-listed Bemis, redomiciliation to Jersey by way of scheme of arrangement, and dual listing on NYSE and ASX
- Mitula Group on its acquisition by TSE-listed LIFULL by way of scheme of arrangement.
- OZ Minerals on its successful takeover bid for Avanco Resources
- Aconex on its acquisition by NYSE-listed Oracle by way of scheme of arrangement
Simon holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne. He was admitted to practice in Victoria in November 2015.