Simon’s practice focuses predominantly on assisting principals, head contractors and State governments with resolving disputes across a wide range of projects and industries including, major PPP infrastructure, large scale commercial building, energy, domestic building and construction.
He has advised clients on a variety of construction related claims arising both prior to and after project completion including claims relating to delays, defects, variations and insurance recovery.
Simon’s experience resolving disputes encompasses a comprehensive range of forums including litigation, expert determination, mediation, international and domestic arbitration and adjudication under security of payment legislation.
- Acting for Project Co in relation to various issues on the West Gate Tunnel Project.
- Advising Rail Projects Victoria and the Department of Transport in relation to the compulsory acquisition of land for the Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project and acting for the Department of Transport in a proceeding in the Supreme Court of Victoria relating to land acquisition.
- Acting for the Aegis Correctional Partnership consortium in various disputes relating to the Hopkins Correctional Centre PPP Expansion Project in the Supreme Court of Victoria and County Court of Victoria.
- Representing a leading global producer of geothermal energy in an international arbitration conducted under the ICC Rules of Arbitration in relation to a dispute regarding alleged defective rehabilitation work undertaken on a geothermal power plant.
- Advising clients in relation to claims arising from the construction of various wind farms.
Simon holds a degree in law from the University of Melbourne and degrees in commerce and science from Monash University. He is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and in the Federal and High Courts of Australia.