Siddhartha leads the firm's US securities and equity capital markets practices in Asia and its financial services regulatory practice in Singapore.
Siddhartha has extensive experience representing investment bank underwriters, issuers and vendors in a wide range of US and international equity and debt capital markets transactions. These include numerous primary and secondary offerings under Rule 144A and Regulation S, US private placements and SEC-registered offerings.
Siddhartha also leads the firm's financial services regulatory practice in Singapore, advising on financial institution regulatory and compliance matters, including cross border regulatory and licensing issues, insider dealing and market abuse, senior managers' responsibilities and conduct and the impact of US and European regulatory change.
Siddhartha's practice focuses on the Asia Pacific markets, particularly India and Southeast Asia, Greater China and Australia. His sector experience includes financial institutions, telecommunications and media, real estate, consumer and retail, energy and commodities.
Siddhartha has advised:
- Citi, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Kotak and Axis as underwriters on the US$1.75 billion IPO on the Bombay Stock Exchange and Rule 144A/Regulation S global offering of General Insurance Corporation, Asia's third largest reinsurer
- Kotak Capital and eight other underwriters on the US$285 million IPO on the Bombay Stock Exchange and Rule 144A/Regulation S global offering of Avenue Supermarts, a supermarket chain.
- Citi, Deutsche Bank and UBS as international selling agents on the US$276 million IPO on the Indonesia Stock Exchange and Rule 144A/ Regulation S global offering by Cikarang Listrindo, an independent power producer
- Regis Healthcare, a medical facilities operator, as issuer on its AU$485 million IPO on the Australia Securities Exchange and Rule 144A/Regulation S global offering. Macquarie Capital was the global co-ordinator and bookrunner
- HSBC, RHB and Maybank as joint global coordinators and joint backrunners in connection with the RM483 million (approximately US$130 million) IPO on the Bursa Malaysia and Regulation S offering of Sunway Construction Group, a major regional construction company
- State Grid Corporation of China, the world's largest utility corporation, on its most recent US$7.7 billion medium term notes programme and first drawdown of US$5 billion, the largest bond issue ever by a Chinese state-owned enterprise.
- a global investment fund on market manipulation regulations in various Asian and European jurisdictions
- a global investment bank on its establishment of an onshore securities platform in an emerging Asian market
Siddhartha studied law at Oxford and Yale universities and is a member of the New York bar and the England and Wales bar.