Siddhartha has extensive experience representing investment bank underwriters, issuers and vendors in a wide range of US and international equity and debt capital markets transactions. These include numerous primary and secondary offerings under Rule 144A and Regulation S, US private placements and SEC-registered offerings.
Siddhartha also advises on financial institution regulatory and compliance matters, including cross border regulatory and licensing issues, insider dealing and market abuse, senior managers' responsibilities and conduct and the impact of US and European financial regulatory change.
Siddhartha's practice focuses on the Asia Pacific markets, particularly India, China, Southeast Asia and Australia. His sector experience includes financial institutions, telecommunications and media, real estate, consumer and retail, energy and infrastructure.
Siddhartha has advised:
- Citi, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Kotak and Axis as underwriters on the US$1.75 billion IPO on the Bombay Stock Exchange and Rule 144A/Regulation S global offering of General Insurance Corporation, Asia's third largest reinsurer
- ReNew Power, India's largest renewable energy company, on its ongoing IPO on the Bombay Stock Exchange and Rule 144A/Regulation S global offering. Goldman Sachs and eight other underwriters are acting as book running lead managers
- Citi, Deutsche Bank and UBS as international selling agents on the US$276 million IPO on the Indonesia Stock Exchange and Rule 144A/ Regulation S global offering by Cikarang Listrindo, an independent power producer
- Woodside on the US securities law aspects of its AU$2.5 billion underwritten entitlement offer. UBS and Morgan Stanley were the underwriters
- HSBC, RHB and Maybank as joint global coordinators and joint backrunners in connection with the RM483 million (approximately US$130 million) IPO on the Bursa Malaysia and Regulation S offering of Sunway Construction Group, a major regional construction company
- State Grid Corporation of China, the world's largest utility corporation, on its most recent US$7.7 billion medium term notes programme and first drawdown of US$5 billion, the largest bond issue ever by a Chinese state-owned enterprise
- a global investment fund on market manipulation regulations in various Asian and European jurisdictions
- a global investment bank on its establishment of an onshore securities platform in an emerging Asian market
Siddhartha studied law at Oxford and Yale universities and is a member of the New York bar and the England and Wales bar.