Sid is an international corporate senior associate with particular expertise in cross-border M&A.
He has helped clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures and other aspects of corporate law, across the UK, Europe, India, Africa and the US. He focusses on industrials and manufacturing, aviation, TMT, energy, real estate and consumer sectors.
As an integral member of the firm's India practice, he advises clients on outbound, as well as inbound, India related transactions, and also heads various initiatives in India as part of the firm's wider commitment to the country.
He is also a member of the firm's Africa practice and has extensive experience of assisting on inbound transactions into a number of African jurisdictions.
Sid has also advised a number of pro-bono clients and organisations, such as FLEX, Walk Free and Transparency International, and he is a trustee at Arthan (a Delhi based non-profit organisation helping underprivileged kids in India with career preparedness / planning).
In addition to his day-to-day work, Sid lectures at various renowned universities in the UK and India (including Oxford and NLUs), and he is also the Co-Chair of NOTICED (UK's first inter-law firm diversity network focussing on multiculturalism, which comprises 12 top London city based law firms).
Sid was previously shortlisted amongst the top five Asian origin lawyers in the UK at the Asian Professional Awards.
Sid's experience includes advising:
- Virgin Group, owned by Sir Richard Branson, on its announced disposal of a 31% stake in Virgin Atlantic to Air France-KLM on the resulting three-party joint venture between them and Delta Air Lines
- British Land on the sale of 5 Broadgate, held in a 50:50 joint venture between British Land and GIC, to Hong-Kong headquartered, CK Asset Holdings Limited for £1 billion
- JSW Steel Limited, India's biggest steelmaker and the flagship company of the US$13 billion JSW Group, on its acquisition of Piombino steelworks in Italy (Aferpi SpA, Piombino Logistics SpA and GSI Lucchini SpA) from Cevital SpA
- Reliance Communications (Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group), an Indian mobile telecommunications company listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange, on its US$1.6 billion sale of its towers business (which consisted of over 43,000 towers) to Brookfield
- IHS Towers, Africa's leading mobile infrastructure company, on its acquisition of Helios Towers Nigeria Limited (which consisted of over 1,200 telecommunications tower sites) from HTN Towers plc, in a deal claimed to be the first mobile infrastructure consolidation in Africa
- Valiant Petroleum, a full cycle-oil and gas exploration and production company with shares admitted to trading on AIM, on its recommended £230 million cash and shares takeover bid by Ithaca Energy Inc.
- The Prospect Japan Fund, a Guernsey-incorporated property fund listed on the London Stock Exchange, on the US$147 million recommended takeover offer by Prospect Co, a Japanese-incorporated company listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange (believed to be the first all-share offer of Japanese listed shares in the UK)
- Godrej Consumer Products, an Indian consumer company listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of a 51% interest in the Darling Group in 13 African jurisdictions, including Nigeria, South Africa and Mozambique, and its subsequent acquisition of the remaining stake in the joint venture
- Reaction Engines Limited, a UK based company developing the revolutionary Synergetic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine, on strategic and financial minority investments from Boeing (Horizon X), Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems, Woodford, Baillie Gifford and a working partnership with BAE Systems
- Plus500, an Israel based company providing online trading services to retail customers, on its £460 million recommended cash acquisition by a subsidiary of Playtech plc
- Sergey Popov's (Sercial), majority shareholder of MDM Bank (one of Russia's largest private banks), on disposal of the entire interest in MDM Bank to the entities controlled by Mikail Shishkhanov and Mikhail Gutseriev, the shareholders of another Russian private bank B&N Bank
- Tikehau, a Paris based asset management and investment group, on its acquisition of Société Générale's wholly-owned business relating to the management of European senior debt funds, which was run by Lyxor Asset Management. The transaction resulted in Tikehau raising its total AUM to €9.8 billion
Sid is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an advocate in India. He studied at NLU Jodhpur graduating with a bachelors in law and business administration with a distinction.