Shonie’s combination of private practice and in-house experience allows her to understand and appreciate unique commercial challenges and tailor legal advice to both legal and non-legal staff. Shonie specialises in providing commercial advice for a variety of both Australian and international clients in relation to mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, fundraising and general corporate advisory matters. In the healthcare sector, Shonie has experience across the gamut of the industry including public and private hospitals, pathology, diagnostic imaging, IVF, residential care and private health insurance.
Shonie’s transactional experience includes advising:
- Healius on its A$138.6million sale of the Montserrat Day Hospitals business
- Adairs on its A$80 million acquisition of Focus on Furniture
- Healius on its A$30.5 million sale of the Adora Fertility business
- Adevinta on its US$60 million sale of the Gumtree Australia, Carsguide and Autotrader online classified business
- Colinton Capital Partners as lead investor on Moneytech’s A$25 million capital raise
- Carma on its US$52 million Series A capital raise
- Pearler on its A$7.8 million Series Seed capital raise
Shonie holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales and Tilburg University (the Netherlands). Shonie is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.