Based in London, Shona has advised on the real estate aspects of many high profile corporate acquisitions and disposals. Shona's work encompasses a broad range of commercial real estate matters, with particular expertise on private equity investment, development and financing transactions, working for UK, US and European private equity funds (as investors, developers and joint venture partners), institutions and sovereign wealth funds. In addition, Shona has experience of transacting complex warranty and indemnity insurance backed corporate real estate deals.
Shona is identified as a next generation partner for Commercial Property: Investment in Legal 500 2019.
Shona's experience includes advising:
- Blackstone on trophy London office sales including its disposal of Devonshire Square, London, to WeWork, TH Real Estate and Danish pension fund PFA Ejendomme and its sales of 20 Old Bailey and Cannon Bridge House to Korean investors
- CarVal Investors and Orion European Real Estate Fund III in relation to the four way joint venture acquisition and development with the City of the London Corporation and Quadrant Estates of 100 Cheapside, a 94,000 sq ft Grade-A office and retail development located in the heart of the City of London
- Heathrow Airport (previously BAA) on the establishment and disposal of the £800 million Airport Property Partnership, its sale of Gatwick Airport and the development of a new hotel at Heathrow Terminal 4
- A Far Eastern Sovereign Wealth Fund on their investment in a 50/50 joint venture with a UK listed company to develop a 200,000 sq ft office and retail development above a major London Crossrail station
- IDI Gazeley on the pan European sale of 2.2 million sq ft of logistics assets in Italy and Spain
- Blackstone and M7 on the growth of their European logistics portfolio with the acquisition of assets totalling over £1 billion in 2019