Based in London, Shona has advised on the real estate aspects of many high profile corporate acquisitions and disposals. Shona's work encompasses a broad range of commercial real estate matters, with particular expertise on private equity investment, development and financing transactions, working for UK, US and European private equity funds (as investors, developers and joint venture partners), institutions and sovereign wealth funds. In addition, Shona has experience of transacting complex warranty and indemnity insurance backed corporate real estate deals.
Shona's experience includes advising:
- Blackstone Group on a number of high value UK investment and financing transactions including the acquisition and sale of Chiswick Park, the sale of the High Holborn Estate, the acquisition of Broadgate Quarter, the acquisition of a number of logistics and light industrial portfolios for its core plus and Logicor platforms and the real estate aspects of its refinancing of the Logicor logistics portfolio
- CarVal Investors and Orion European Real Estate Fund III in relation to the four way joint venture acquisition and development with the City of the London Corporation and Quadrant Estates of 100 Cheapside, a 94,000 sq ft Grade-A office and retail development located in the heart of the City of London
- Heathrow Airport (previously BAA) on the establishment and disposal of the £800 million Airport Property Partnership, its sale of Gatwick Airport and the development of a new hotel at Heathrow Terminal 4
- Moorfield Group on the sale of a diversified UK real estate investment portfolio to Lone Star for c.£1 billion
- Aberdeen Standard Investments (formerly Standard Life Investments) on its acquisition, disposal and management of central London and regional assets, including the £75 million sale of The Royals Business Park and the development and pre let of a new regional Waitrose site
- A Far Eastern Sovereign Wealth Fund on their investment in a 50/50 joint venture with a UK listed company to develop a 200,000 sq ft office and retail development above a major London Crossrail station