Based in London, Shelagh has more than three decades of experience, advising clients across the full range of commercial property transactions. She works with some of the world's largest investors and key players in the UK property market on a range of investment and development transactions including those involving structured transactions and joint ventures. Shelagh is focussed on delivering strong commercial solutions in the clients' best interests and has developed close relationships with many of the firm's key clients for whom she has become a trusted advisor.
Shelagh is a member of the Investment Property Forum (IPF), a leading specialist property industry body in the United Kingdom and is on its continuing professional development committee which organises regular seminars and workshops for the IPF membership.
Shelagh's expertise in commercial property is highlighted by her recommendation in Chambers UK and her position of real estate relationship partner for key client Aberdeen Standard Investments (formerly Standard Life Investments).
Shelagh's experience includes advising:
- Aberdeen Standard Investments (formerly Standard Life Investments) on numerous investment acquisitions, disposals, fundings, developments and asset management transactions across all sectors in its UK portfolio
- Amundi Immobilier in connection with its acquisition of the €1 billion Aqua portfolio. The pan-European office building portfolio consists of a total of 17 properties located in six different countries
- AXA REIM (and its JV partner) on the c. £320 million forward funding of what was to have been BNP Paribas' new office headquarter building at the King's Cross Central scheme in London and the subsequent letting of the office space to Google; and AXA Selectiv' Immo on a number of London office acquisitions
- BAA in connection with the extension of the Piccadilly Line to Terminal 5, Heathrow Airport, London and the sale and subsequent development of the new 600 bed Sofitel branded hotel also at Terminal 5
- Travis Perkins on the forward sale and funding of a 630,000 sq ft distribution warehouse in Warrington, UK though a sale and leaseback structure