She advises Asian and international companies on M&A (public and private), joint ventures, investments, corporate structuring and general corporate and commercial matters.
Sheena's deep industry knowledge extends beyond TMT to include energy and financial services. She has completed long-term secondments to high profile clients in these industries - Telstra, China Light and Power and National Australia Bank – enabling her to deliver legal advice that is commercial and relevant for clients.
She also has particular expertise in technology outsourcing and procurement, and advising on data privacy in Hong Kong and South East Asia.
Prior to relocating to Hong Kong in 2013, she worked in the firm's Melbourne office for six years, advising clients on complex public takeovers and schemes of arrangements, M&A, joint ventures and capital raisings.
Sheena's experience includes advising:
- I Squared Capital on its US$1.8 billion acquisition of Hutchison Telecommunications' fixed line business in Hong Kong, HGC
- Malaysia's edotco Group (Axiata's infrastructure arm) in relation to the acquisition of TowerShare's mobile tower asset portfolio in Pakistan and the subsequent acquisition of an additional portfolio of mobile towers in Pakistan from VEON's Jazz for a combined value of approximately US$1 billion
- Ant Financial (an affiliate of Alibaba) in relation to the acquisition of a minority investment in Mass Mutual Financial Group
- China Resources on its US$300 million joint venture with Belgian private equity house, Verlinvest
- China Light and Power on its US$1.8 billion acquisition of Exxon Mobil's majority stake in Hong Kong's Castle Peak Power Station, in consortium with China Southern Grid