Shazi advises both regional and international companies on corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate finance, private equity and general corporate advisory work. Based in Dubai since 2012, Shazi has led on a number of complex, cross-border transactions across a variety of sectors including industrials, energy, technology, banks and financial buyers.
Shazi's experience includes advising:
- a consortium comprising JFE Steel Corporation and Marubeni-Itochu Steel on their joint venture with Senaat GHC to develop a $300 million steel pipe manufacturing plant in the Khalifa Industrial Zone of Abu Dhabi
- MESC Investments PSC and its shareholders (including Dubai Islamic Bank) on the sale of MESC's 52% equity stake in Jordan Dubai Islamic Bank PLC, an Islamic financial institution listed on the Amman Stock Exchange, to a consortium led by Bank Al Etihad PLC
- Chevron on the sale of its retail and aviation fuels business in Egypt to a consortium comprising Total SA and Beltone Private Equity, (including the pre-sale de merger and hive out of its lubricants business)
- Chevron on the sale of its retail and aviation fuels business in Pakistan to Total SA (including the pre-sale de merger and hive out of its lubricants business)
- Daniel J Edelman, Inc., one of the largest PR firms in the world, in relation to its acquisition of D'Abo Events, a UAE based public relations and events business, from its founders Lucy D'Abo and Camilla Girot