Shaun has advised on a range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings (IPOs) and secondary capital raises, corporate restructurings and other aspects of corporate law.
He has experience of advising on both listed company and private company transactions across a range of sectors, including financial services, energy and natural resources, consumer products and technology, media and telecommunications.
Shaun also regularly assists listed companies with corporate governance issues and compliance.
Shaun's experience includes advising:
- ClearBank on its establishment as the UK's first new clearing bank in 250 years and private equity investments into ClearBank
- Yancoal on its acquisition of Rio Tinto's coal assets in the Hunter Valley, Australia
- Ferrexpo plc on various matters including the sale of its interest in Ferrous Resources (owner of an iron ore mine in Brazil), and its two 2015 bond exchange offers
- Atlassian on a variety of matters including its re-domiciliation to the UK, US$4.38 billion listing on NASDAQ, and various advisory matters
- Just Eat on its £1.47 billion High Growth Segment London listing and IPO and on its step up to a premium listing
Shaun has a Bachelor of Laws degree in Law from the University of Sheffield. He joined the firm in 2010 and qualified in 2012. Shaun has spent time on secondment at TUI Travel.