Shaun has advised on a range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, initial public offerings (IPOs) and secondary capital raises, corporate restructurings and other aspects of corporate law.
He has experience of advising on both listed company and private company transactions across a range of sectors, including financial services, energy and natural resources, consumer products and technology, media and telecommunications.
Shaun also regularly assists listed companies with corporate governance and regulation and compliance matters.
He has previously spent time on secondment to TUI Travel and to the M&A legal team at BHP.
Shaun's experience includes advising:
- ClearBank on its establishment as the UK's first new clearing bank in 250 years, various fundraisings and on its collaboration with Tide and successful award of a £60milliion grant from the RBS Alternative Remedies Package
- Ferrexpo plc on various matters including the sale of its interest in Ferrous Resources (owner of an iron ore mine in Brazil), two bond exchange offers, an independent review into charitable donations made to a Ukrainian charity and corporate governance matters
- Atlassian on a variety of matters including its re-domiciliation to the UK, US$4.38 billion listing on NASDAQ, and various acquisitions
- Hanover Investors on its takeover offer for Kalibrate Technologies
- Morgan Stanley and UBS on the US$340million London listing and IPO of EverArc Holdings Limited, and its subsequent US$71.4 million secondary offering
- BHP on various matters, including on divestments of mining assets and corporate governance matters
- an independent committee of Ted Baker into allegations about its founder and former CEO and its policies, procedures and handling of employee grievances
- Petroceltic International plc on its share for share merger with Melrose Resources Plc, a share placing, its takeover approach by Dragon Oil and campaign by an activist shareholder
- CPPGroup Plc on the disposal of its North American business, amendment and extension of its revolving loan facility and takeover approach by its majority shareholder. Advice also in relation to the FCA investigation into alleged mis-selling by one of CPP's regulated UK insurance intermediaries, and its customer redress exercise by way of a scheme of arrangement
Shaun has a Bachelor of Laws degree in Law from the University of Sheffield and completed the LPC at BPP Law School. He joined the firm in 2010 and qualified in 2012.