Based in our Paris office, Sharif is a solicitor of the courts of England and Wales and an Avocat au Barreau de Paris. He holds dual Egyptian and British nationality.
Sharif advises clients on a wide range of corporate and energy related matters including upstream oil and gas arrangements, M&A transactions, joint ventures, company restructuring and service contracts, often involving a multi-national element. He also advises clients in the mining, power and infrastructure sectors. He has particular experience in helping clients with their transactions and projects in Africa and the Middle East but also acts on mandates in Europe, South America and Asia.
He has gained considerable international experience having previously worked in London and Dubai prior to moving to Paris.
Sharif's experience includes advising:
- a confidential client in respect of its divestment of upstream oil and gas assets in a number of African jurisdictions
- a confidential client in respect of its investment into oil and gas operations in Angola and complex joint venture and related funding and security arrangements
- a confidential client on its potential investment in a number of floating production, storage and offloading units (FPSOs) in Brazil
- subsidiaries of Kinross Gold Corporation on various matters relating to their gold mining operations in Ghana and Mauritania
- a French solar developer on its investments in various countries in Africa
Sharif is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and is a French avocat registered at the Paris Bar. He completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School, London (2008) and obtained an LLB in English and French law and a Maîtrise en droit anglais et français from King's College London and the University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) (2003-2007).