Based in our Paris office, Sharif is a solicitor of the courts of England and Wales and an Avocat au Barreau de Paris. He holds dual Egyptian and British nationality.
Sharif advises clients on a wide range of corporate and energy related matters including upstream oil and gas arrangements, M&A transactions, joint ventures, company restructuring and service contracts, often involving a multi-national element. He also advises clients in the mining, power and infrastructure sectors. He has particular experience in helping clients with their transactions and projects in Africa and the Middle East but also acts on mandates in Europe, South America and Asia.
He has gained considerable international experience having previously worked in London and Dubai prior to moving to Paris.
Sharif's experience includes advising:
- Hermes Infrastructure and CGNEE on their acquisition of a portfolio of five Swedish wind farms with total capacity of 813MW from Aquila Capital
- ENGIE on the disposal of ENGIE's upstream oil and gas business, which includes 319 exploration and production licences in 12 countries stretching from the UK and Norway to Algeria and Indonesia. HSF's role centred on the African (Algeria), Middle-Eastern (Egypt) and Asian (Indonesia, Azerbaijan) assets in ENGIE's portfolio
- Mitsubishi Corporation in relation to the sale of upstream assets in the Baudroie-Merou Marine and Loche East blocks offshore Gabon to Perenco and, following the exercise of a pre-emption right, to Total
- Angola Japan Oil Co., Limited (AJOCO), a majority owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, on the sale to Etablissements Maurel & Prom, an oil and gas exploration and production company listed on the Paris Euronext, of a 20% working interest in Blocks 3/05 and 3/05A offshore Angola
- subsidiaries of Kinross Gold Corporation on various matters relating to their gold mining operations in Ghana and Mauritania
Sharif is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and is a French avocat registered at the Paris Bar. He completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School, London (2008) and obtained an LLB in English and French law and a Maîtrise en droit anglais et français from King's College London and the University of Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) (2003-2007).