Sergey is a Russian-qualified real estate and corporate lawyer specialising in commercial real estate and development with particular focus on financing of commercial construction projects, acquisitions and disposals of commercial properties.
He regularly advises the clients on general corporate law, including domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions. Having combined expertise in real estate and corporate sectors Sergey leads firm's corporate transactions involving real estate element.
Sergey's experience includes advising:
- Vanke, one of the biggest developers in China and a Fortune500 member, on major redevelopment and cultural preservation real estate project with total above ground building area of about 120,000 square meters located in the heart of Moscow, including ongoing support on each implementation stage of the project
- Enel Russia on the sale of Reftinskaya GRES, the largest thermal power station in Russia located in Sverdlovsk region, structured as an asset deal of more than 6,000 pieces of property, coal and spare parts stock, as well as various contractual arrangements for post-completion joint operation of the plant including trading of energy and continuous coal supply
- Okey Investments (Cyprus) Limited on the sale of O'KEY supermarket chain to X5 Retail Group
- Bonum Capital (Cyprus) Limited on the acquisition and subsequent sale of approximately 86% of shares in Vozrozhdenie Bank. The deal was awarded “European Corporate Deal of the Year” by The Lawyer 2019
- Sberbank of Russia on (1) secured financing of over EUR900 million acquisition of a number of shopping malls in Moscow and St. Petersburg from Immofinanz (Austria) by FORTGROUP and (2) refinancing of the existing loan facilities provided to various property companies by Nordea Bank, Raiffeisenbank and Sberbank of Russia
- Nord Stream 2 AG as the project company's legal adviser in connection with project financing of procurement, construction and operation of a gas pipeline project from Russia to Germany through the Baltic Sea
- The Real Estate Law Review, Russia Chapter – 9th Edition – The Law Reviews, March 2020
- The Real Estate M&A and Private Equity Review, Russia Chapter - 4th edition – The Law Reviews, September 2019