Sergei's experience includes tax advice, international tax structuring, FCPA/UKBA investigations and sanctions.
He has significant experience in anti-corruption and anti-bribery matters, including FCPA and Bribery Act compliance and investigations. Also, Sergei has been involved in a number of high-profile aviation projects. He is also active in commercial disputes resolution.
Sergei's experience includes advising:
- ONEXIM Group on an over US$400 million debt and corporate restructuring of RosBusinessConsulting (RBC) Group, a Russian media company, including the restructuring of RBC Group's distressed debts by way of exchange of existing debts into newly issued loan participation notes, warrants, domestic Russian bonds, options and cash payments
- the Audit Committee of a US listed alcohol producer in a FCPA investigation in relation to its Russian subsidiary
- SuperJet International on tax and legal matters in connection with structuring contractual arrangements with its clients in Russia
- Gazprom, Wintershall and E.ON as project sponsors and the project company Severneftegazprom as borrower on the €1 billion project financing to develop Yuzhno-Russkoye gas field in Western Siberia, Russia
- Japan Tobacco International (JTI) in successful $US150 million tax dispute
Sergei graduated from the Moscow State Academy of Law. Before joining the firm in 2007 he worked at another international law firm and a leading Russian law firm. Sergei has been practicing law for over 14 years.