Seb has been at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP since March 2007, qualifying into the Real Estate Division in London in March 2009.
Seb is a senior associate with a broad real estate experience, advising on a variety of commercial property matters including real estate finance, acquisitions, disposals, landlord and tenant management work and the redevelopment of major assets.
Seb is the lead real estate finance associate.
Seb's experience includes advising:
- The Carlyle Group on a development agreement with Network Rail of Bankside Quarter which unlocked the subsequent £295m corporate disposal
- Goldman Sachs on a corporate and property acquisition, related development agreement and subsequent development financing which unlocked a £150m development
- Blackstone on its £416million corporate acquisition and financing of Broadgate Quarter
- Pontegadea on its £230 million acquisition of Almack House from Grosvenor
- Deutsche Bank AG on the property aspects of various real estate financing transactions including the refinancing of the Mailbox (£140million) and acquisition and development finance on 127 Kensington High Street (£108million)
- Lloyds Bank Plc on the property aspects of various real estate financing transactions including the acquisition financing of the Hayhill Portfolio (£178m) and the refinancing the Dream Portfolio (£230m)
- Kennedy Wilson on the acquisition and then refinancing of the distressed Jupiter Portfolio (£184 million)
- Standard Life on acquisitions, disposals and day-to-day management of properties in its retail portfolio including Fareham Industrial Park