Sebastian is a real estate lawyer specialising in real estate development (including large mixed-use developments and serviced/branded residences), asset management and acquisitions and disposals (including due diligence). Sebastian advises a variety of clients throughout the region including government owned and private developers, REITs/REIFs, institutional landlords and tenants and high net worth individuals.
Sebastian's experience includes advising:
- a prominent master developer in relation to various matters pertaining to its Master Community, including in respect of its leasing templates and the legal and regulatory framework in KSA
- Emaar with respect to the negotiation of a long-term management agreement relating to a high-end restaurant food court concept using the "Time Out Market Brand"
- Abu Dhabi National Hotels PJSC in relation to its acquisition of 5 landmark hotels from Emaar Properties PJSC
- a large multinational bank in relation to its leasing portfolio in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and the UAE
- an Abu Dhabi government developer in relation to appointment of an operator to manage and lease various commercial assets in Abu Dhabi
- a prominent KSA developer in relation to its branded residential project in Makkah, KSA
- a prominent developer in Dubai in relation to various pertaining's to its development activities, including the preparation of agency agreements, template sales documentation and jointly owned property documentation
- a government developer with respect to the negotiation of the branded residences related documentation with Accor for its mixed-use development in Doha, Qatar
- a sovereign wealth fund with respect to the real estate aspects of the establishment of a shairah complaint REIF in Oman, which included the sale and lease back of a commercial asset
- an established school operator in relation to its acquisition of various schools in Dubai and Bahrain
- a confidential client with respect to the lease of 14 buildings in the Jebel Ali Free Zone