Sean has broad experience of advising and representing clients in the construction industry, including those in the power, oil and gas, transport and healthcare sectors. Through his experience, he has gained knowledge of many of the forms of contract used in the construction industry, as well as of all the common dispute forms, including mediation, adjudication, arbitration and high court litigation.
Sean also has experience of the firm's London Advocacy Unit where he worked closely with many of the firm's other practice areas in both high court and arbitration proceedings, as well as the related advisory and preparatory work.
Sean's experience includes advising:
- a UAE based property development company in ICC arbitration proceedings concerning various claims worth over US$ 1 billion arising from the construction of a high profile project in Dubai
- a leading international EPC contractor in connection with various disputes arising out of two EPC contracts to install onshore and offshore pipelines and single point mooring systems in Southern Iraq
- an international energy company in ICC arbitration proceedings concerning various disputes arising out of a series of energy conversion agreements relating to the construction of three electrical power and steam cogeneration plants
- a PFI Project Co in respect of a dispute relating to a number of alleged defects in a substantial PFI hospital development
- a government owned railway operator in a dispute relating to serious delays to a substantial refurbishment and improvement project
Prior to relocating to Dubai in 2015, Sean was based in the firm's London office. Sean is a qualified Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales and holds a Graduate Diploma in Law and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from BPP College of Professional Studies Law School in England.