Sean has broad experience of advising and representing clients in the construction industry, including those in the power and water, oil and gas, transport and healthcare sectors. He has experience of many of the forms of contract used in the construction industry, and has acted for clients in international arbitration proceedings under the ICC, LCIA, DIAC, SIAC and ADCCAC rules, as well as in expert determination, mediation, UK adjudication and high court litigation.
Sean has been recognised as “a key senior associate for disputes work” in Legal 500 EMEA 2021 (UAE: Construction) and as "senior associate(s) who understand the industry, the market and can provide good solid advice" in Legal 500 EMEA 2020 (UAE: Construction).
Sean's experience includes advising:
- a UAE based property development company in ICC arbitration proceedings concerning various claims worth over US$ 1 billion arising from the construction of a high profile project in Dubai
- a leading international EPC contractor in connection with various disputes arising out of two EPC contracts to install onshore and offshore pipelines and single point mooring systems in Southern Iraq
- an international energy company in ICC arbitration proceedings concerning various disputes arising out of a series of energy conversion agreements relating to the construction of three electrical power and steam cogeneration plants
- a Korean contractor in DIAC arbitration proceedings concerning claims commenced by a sub-contractor arising out of the construction of a high profile project in Dubai
- two international gas and renewable energy companies on issues arising out of the operation and maintenance of an IWPP in Abu Dhabi
Sean relocated to Dubai in 2015, having previously been based in the firm's London office. He joined the firm as a trainee in 2008 and qualified as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2010.