Sarah is a corporate energy partner with a focus on advising private and public sector clients on large and complex projects, including acquisitions, joint ventures and project development.
In particular, Sarah advises clients on their investment in and development of power sector assets including conventional, renewable and nuclear generation, and nuclear decommissioning and the corresponding regulatory frameworks. She regularly acts for utilities, IPPs, financial investors, lenders, governments and regulators.
She also advises clients on project development, and complex commercial contracts, in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Sarah's experience includes advising:
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition and development of four biomass fuelled power plants in the UK, including through joint venture, with a total investment value of c£600m
- EDF on its development of nuclear power plants in the UK
- Cavendish (a subsidiary of Babcock International Group plc) and Fluor on their successful bid for the NDA's management and operations contract of 12 nuclear decommissioning sites in the UK
- Macquarie Bank on the financing of over 300MW of solar plants in the UK
- The Government of Sierra Leone on the development of the 250MW Bumbuna 2 hydro power plant
- Visagino Atominė Elektrinė, the Lithuanian state owned utility, on its plans to develop a c€5bn new nuclear plant in Lithuania through a joint venture with Hitachi. Ltd, and regional utilities
- Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Windfarm Limited, as project counsel, on the development and financing of Neart na Gaoithe wind farm ("NNG"). NNG will be a £1.3 billion, 450MW windfarm, and was one of the two projects to win offshore wind CfDs in the first CfD auction