Sarah specialises in M&A (largely private sector) and general corporate work (including providing advice on corporate governance and the South African Companies Act).
She has advised clients in a wide range of sectors including the renewable energy, media and telecommunications sectors. Sarah has also advised on Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transactions and corporate components of project work, advising clients on a number of renewable energy projects under the South African Renewable Energy Independent Power Programme.
Sarah's experience includes advising:
- Scatec Solar ASA on its Round 3 and Round 4 solar PV energy projects under the South African Renewable Energy Independent Power Programme *
- Huge Group Limited on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of ConnectNet Proprietary Limited*
- Amsted Rail Inc on its joint-acquisition of the Cast Products division of Scaw Metals and establishment of a joint venture with the IDC*
- Publicis Groupe on BEE transaction in terms of which a BEE partner acquired a direct and indirect minority shareholding in MMS Communications Proprietary Limited*
- various international entities on the restructuring of their South African subsidiaries to introduce B-BBEE empowerment shareholders*
*Experience prior to joining HSF in September 2019
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Sarah completed her articles and worked as an associate in the Johannesburg office of a leading international law firm. Sarah holds a BComm (Law) degree from the University of Stellenbosch