Sarah specialises in M&A (largely private sector) and general corporate work (including providing advice on corporate governance and the South African Companies Act).
She has advised clients in a wide range of sectors including the renewable energy, media and telecommunications sectors. Sarah has also advised on Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transactions and corporate components of project work, advising clients on a number of renewable energy projects under the South African Renewable Energy Independent Power Programme.
Sarah's experience includes advising:
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited on the acquisition of the entire shareholding of X-Elio Energy, S.L. in two solar projects, being Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV De Aar (RF) Proprietary Limited and Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV Prieska (RF) Proprietary Limited
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited in relation to an equity investment by Stanlib
- Publicis Groupe Holdings B.V in relation to a debt to equity conversion through a subscription for preference shares in MMS Communications South Africa Proprietary Limited
- Bunengi Group Holdings Proprietary Limited in relation to its acquisition of shares in Cisco Systems Inc, a company listed on the Nasdaq, as part of a BEE transaction for Cisco Technology and Services (South Africa) Proprietary Limited
- Huge Group Limited in relation to a BEE transaction relating to Huge Connect, involving the subscription for preference shares by Huge Group and the subscription for ordinary shares by Windfall 111 Properties Proprietary Limited
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Sarah completed her articles and worked as an associate in the Johannesburg office of a leading international law firm. Sarah holds a BComm (Law) degree from the University of Stellenbosch