Sara has significant experience of advising on patents, trade marks, unfair competition, design, copyright and the protection in general of know how and trade secrets. She has a focus on life sciences and completed a secondment with the biotechnology transfer department of the leading research centre San Raffaele hospital in Milan. Sara's expertise in IP has seen her work in a number of sectors, from industry, consumer goods, fashion and food through to TMT and the automotive industry.
Sara is specialised in IP law and for more than 10 years has been advising a range of domestic and multinational clients on their contentious and non-contentious IP needs. Sara assists clients with the general management of their IP portfolios in day to day business and with special projects and contentious cases. She also a wealth of experience advising multinational clients on complex multi-jurisdictional cases, including as lead coordinating counsel.
Sara is one of only 4 Italian lawyers to have been ranked as "Next Generation Lawyer" by Legal500 in 2018. She was awarded Upcoming Lawyer of the Year 2018 by major Italian directory 'Legal Community'.
Sara's experience includes:
- assisting a pharmaceutical company in preventing generic companies from launching generic products before the expiry of its patent and SPC rights over an active ingredient*
- assisting a manufacturer of technical, high performance protective gear for motorcycle and auto racing in a multi-jurisdictional patent litigation concerning air-bag technology*
- successfully assisting an Italian fashion company, a leader in the manufacture, marketing and sale of fashion apparel for young people, in a trademark dispute against a US academic institution*
- assisting telecom companies in PI proceedings relating to the liability of internet service providers for copyright infringement committed via their communication network*
- assisting one of the most important retailer of hardware worldwide in relation to the alleged infringement of third parties’ patents, some of which claimed to be Standard Essential Patents*
*prior to joining HSF
- Law degree - University of Bari
- Master's in European Law, Economics and Politics - Collegio Europeo of Parma
- Master's in IP Law and Management (LLM) from CEIPI - Centre d'Études Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle (Strasbourg, France)