For 15+ years Sara has been advising a wide range of leading domestic and multinational clients on their contentious and non-contentious IP needs, as well as on pharma regulatory matters. In particular, Sara advises on patents, trademarks, design, copyright, trade secrets and unfair competition matters. Sara is an experienced IP litigator, involved in complex multi-jurisdictional cases, where she frequently acts as lead coordinating counsel for multinational clients.
Sara has also extensive experience in drafting and negotiating commercial/IP agreements.Her practice spans multiple industry sectors, from healthcare and life sciences, to consumer goods, fashion, TMT, industrial and automotive.
Sara is recognized by international, Italian and IP-specific legal publications for both IP and Healthcare and Life Sciences. She is recommended by Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Europe, WTR1000 and IAM Patent 1000, with clients describing her as "always responsive and to the point, very knowledgeable but pragmatic", and stating that "Sara’s representation is stellar from start to finish. She zealously represents the interests of her clients and listens to their concerns."
- two multinational pharmaceutical companies in patent invalidity and infringement actions against generic companies concerning patents protecting a cancer medicine to treat multiple myeloma
- a US-based global pharmaceutical company on defending saisie proceedings and securing freedom to operate with respect to a humanized monoclonal antibody used for the prevention of migraine
- a French multinational pharmaceutical company on a patent invalidity action and infringement counterclaim in relation to a medicinal product used to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis
- a Japan-based global healthcare company on preparing to enforce market exclusivity against generics in relation to a medicinal product used to prevent formation of blood clot
- a leading Italian vaccine-developer on the creation of a platform for vaccines R&D and on a research project for the development of human monoclonal antibodies against COVID-19
- a biotech company focusing on the research and development of a new highly efficient split replicon system for accelerated vaccine development, in relation to all their R&D, IP agreements and regulatory issues
- a leading manufacturer of medical devices in obtaining an unprecedented PI decision in an unfair competition, commercial disparagement and trademark infringement case via the Internet
- a leading Italian glass manufacturer in a complex design infringement case.
- a famous Italian car designer on strategic advice related to the assessment and protection of their IP rights for their historical car designs.
- one of the largest wine producers and distributors in the world in achieving a major victory in complex PI proceedings related to the interplay between GIs and trademarks.
- one of the world's top manufacturers of construction equipment on a multi-jurisdictional patent validity, infringement and unfair competition case involving regulatory aspects.
- Law degree - University of Bari
- Master's in European Law, Economics and Politics - Collegio Europeo of Parma
- LLM in IP Law and Management from CEIPI - Centre d'Études Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle (Strasbourg, France)