Sandhya has assisted clients across numerous sectors on various competition law related matters including advising on market inquiries, anti-competitive practices, merger control and criminal liability, assisting with compliance audits and programmes, conducting various training on competition law compliance, dawn raids and the interface between intellectual property law and competition law and offering support on dawn raids.
She has experience assisting with a multitude of competition-related issues, such as merger control and Competition Commission investigations. Clients note her as "knowledgeable, efficient and dynamic," with other sources commending her "exceptional work ethic."
Sandhya's recent experience includes:
- advising a major retailer in the market inquiry into the grocery retail sector
- acted for an international integrated chemicals and energy company in the market inquiry into the liquefied petroleum gas sector
- acting for two respondents in the complaint initiated by the Competition Commission into alleged price fixing by foreign currency traders
- acted for various clients in competition litigation before the Competition Tribunal including in relation to review applications, requests for consideration applications and complaints, including in the pharmaceutical and poultry sectors
- advising an FMCG company in relation to allegations of excessive pricing, unfair pricing and price discrimination in Zambia
Ranked as associate to watch
Chambers Global – South Africa 2020
Sandhya is an admitted attorney in South Africa. She holds a Business Science degree (honours in law) and LLB from the University of Cape Town. Sandhya also has a Certificate in Competition Law from the University of Witwatersrand.