Samuel has substantial experience acting for clients on commercial and ECA financings, operating leasing and aircraft trading. Having also worked at an operating lessor, Samuel has deep industry knowledge.
Samuel's experience includes advising on:
- financing from Landesbank Hessen-Thueringen and KfW to Bank of Communications Financial Leasing for the lease of three aircraft to flydubai
- financing from DVB, Landesbank Hessen-Thueringen, Westpac Banking Corporation and KfW to China Merchants Bank Leasing for the lease of six aircraft to Indigo Airlines
- financing from Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, and Korea Development Bank to Minsheng Financial Leasing for the lease of four aircraft to Indigo Airlines
- financing to DVB and Korea Development Bank for HI Securities of two aircraft on lease to Emirates
- financing for Aviation plc from Deutsch Bank for the lease of one aircraft to Philippine Airlines
Samuel obtained a master's degree in economics from Aalto University (formerly Helsinki School of Economics), Finland, a master's degree in law from University of Helsinki, Finland, and a master's degree in law from Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität, Germany. He was admitted as a solicitor in Finland in 2011 and in England and Wales in 2016. He is fluent in English, is a native speaker of Finnish, and has a working proficiency in German and Swedish.