Samer specialises in advising clients on project development, financing, joint ventures, commodity sales and transportation. His experience includes advising and working opposite quasi-governmental and private sector clients.
In respect of the oil and gas sector, Samer has experience across the entire value chain from upstream development through to the downstream marketing of refined products including LNG and petrochemical products.
Samer has worked in both in-house and private practice on a variety of projects throughout the world, including the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the U.S. He is fluent in Arabic, English and German.
Samer's experience includes advising on:
- The Fujairah F3 power project (awarded "Power Deal of the Year" for the Middle East and Africa region at the Project Finance International Awards 2020), and other power projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Oman and Qatar
- Yanbu 4 water project and other water and wastewater projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Oman
- an international oil company on its acquisition of an interest in an offshore oil and gas concession in Abu Dhabi
- an investor in relation to their potential equity investment into an oil and gas pipeline business in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- an international oil company on the acquisition of aviation fuel pipelines and associated terminals in the UAE, and the marketing and sale of fuel products at airports in the UAE
- an international energy company's joint venture in the UAE in connection with a LNG import and regasification project.
- long term chartering by project sponsors of LNG and FSRU vessels for energy projects
- a confidential client on the strategic procurement and implementation of a new city development in Saudi Arabia
Juris Doctorate, The University of Tulsa College of Law, 2012
Bachelor of Science degree in Business Law and Economics (cum laude), The University of Tulsa Collins College of Business, 2010
Admitted to practice in New York and Oklahoma.