Samer specialises in advising clients on project development, financing, joint ventures, commodity sales and transportation. His experience includes advising and working opposite quasi-governmental and private sector clients.
In respect of the oil and gas sector, Samer has experience across the entire value chain from upstream development through to the downstream marketing of refined products including LNG and petrochemical products.
Samer has worked in both in-house and private practice on a variety of projects throughout the world, including the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the U.S. He is fluent in Arabic, English and German.
Samer's experience includes advising on:
- the mandated lead arrangers to a bidder for the 900MW solar photovoltaic power at Al Kharsaa, Qatar
- an international bidder on its bid for Petroleum Development Oman's 100MW solar PV IPP at Amin, Oman
- an international bidder on its bid for the Oman Power and Water Procurement Company's 500MW Ibri 2 solar PV IPP in Oman
- an investor in relation to the due diligence of their proposed investment into an oil tanker business in Fujairah, UAE
- an international oil company on the acquisition of aviation fuel pipelines and associated terminals in the UAE, and the marketing and sale of fuel products at airports in the UAE
- an international energy company's joint venture in the UAE in connection with a LNG import and regasification project.
- long term chartering by project sponsors of LNG and FSRU vessels for energy projects
- a confidential client on the strategic procurement and implementation of a new city development in Saudi Arabia
Juris Doctorate, The University of Tulsa College of Law, 2012
Bachelor of Science degree in Business Law and Economics (cum laude), The University of Tulsa Collins College of Business, 2010
Admitted to practice in New York and Oklahoma.