Sam works on a wide range of commercial disputes and potential disputes, spanning a variety of different sector areas. Many of these disputes involve an international element, and Sam has worked on both litigation and arbitration.
In particular, Sam has worked on partnership, energy, defamation, company law and employment disputes.
Sam is based in our London office having previously completed a six month secondment to the firm's International Arbitration team in Paris.
Sam's experience includes advising:
- a listed mining company in the defence of a class action brought in the High Court in London on behalf of 2000 members of a Zambian community alleging environmental contamination
- trustee companies in defence of an unfair prejudice claim relating to a multi-million pound UK hotel chain
- a Middle Eastern individual in High Court litigation regarding an alleged breach of an oral contract for services
- a leading South African mining company in an ICC arbitration in relation to the extraction of copper in a central African country
- a bank on the defence of multiple claims for disability discrimination, victimisation, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal in the Employment Tribunal, and a related claim in the High Court
Sam studied Modern Languages at the University of Oxford, graduating in 2014. He is fluent in French and German.
Sam completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at BPP University.
Sam trained at the firm and was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in March 2019.