Sam has a broad practice covering major class actions, contractual disputes, court approvals of schemes of arrangement, regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings.
His recent experience includes acting for clients in:
- a software development contract dispute in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- a cross-border regulatory investigation concerning alleged market manipulation (involving regulators in Australia, United States and Hong Kong)
- the Takata airbags class action in the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- the FX class action in the Federal Court of Australia
- various schemes of arrangement in the Federal Court of Australian and in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- acting for a media advertising company in relation to a contractual dispute
- investigations and/or enforcement proceedings concerning loan mis-classification, responsible lending and consumer credit insurance
Sam holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from Deakin University. Sam is admitted to practice across Australia.