Salonika has over 10 years' experience in a wide variety of financing transactions with a focus on acquisition and leveraged finance, TMT financing and green and sustainable financing. Salonika advises international borrowers and lenders on complex cross-border transactions.
She focusses on alternative credit funds (including private capital) and has advised clients on deals in a wide range of sectors including technology and telecommunications, automotive, energy, oil and gas, logistics and infrastructure.
Salonika collaborates closely with clients and specialists in other practice divisions at HSF to guide clients through complex issues on transactions. She manages and coordinates a skilled team, ensuring that matters are run smoothly and deals timelines are met.
Salonika's recent experience includes:
- a confidential private capital fund on its complex secured financing to a South East Asian energy solutions company
- a confidential investment fund on its mezzanine financing to a telecom towers group in South East Asia
- DBS Bank, Mizuho Bank, MUFG Bank and Standard Chartered Bank on a US$338 million acquisition financing for AEV International Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, to acquire a majority stake in one of Asia's largest agribusiness companies, Gold Coin Management Holdings Limited
- a confidential credit fund on its purchase and restructuring of a financing for a borrower with power assets in South East Asia
- International Finance Corporation on its facility to PT. Farpoint Realty Indonesia in connection with the development of approximately 8,000 affordable housing units on 4 sites in Indonesia
Salonika has a B.A. LL.B. (Hons) from the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, India.
She has been with Herbert Smith Freehills her entire career and she relocated from the firm's London office to Singapore in 2015.
Salonika is qualified in England and Wales and in India.