Saloni has experience assisting Australian clients across various sectors involved in ACCC investigations, including those concerning cartel conduct and the Australian Consumer Law. She has assisted clients in successfully obtaining Australian merger clearance, including for European and North American clients. Saloni also provides competition advice on contemplated transactions and commercial supply and distribution arrangements.
Saloni’s recent experience includes advising:
- a major consumer service delivery platform in relation to an ACCC investigation concerning consumer law issues
- AGL Energy Limited in respect of ongoing competition and consumer law compliance, including in relation to its recent entry into the telecommunications sector
- Ventia, a leading infrastructure services provider, on successfully obtaining ACCC clearance for its acquisition of Broadspectrum from publicly-listed Spanish parent company Ferrovial
- a consumer merchandise provider on an Australian Consumer Law investigation by the ACCC into allegations of unfair contract terms and misleading or deceptive conduct, including the negotiation of settlement of the matter with the ACCC
- Flutter Entertainment (trading as “Sportsbet” in Australia) on successfully obtaining ACCC clearance for its acquisition of The Stars Group (trading as “BetEasy” in Australia) in 2020
- Saputo Dairy Australia on successfully obtaining ACCC clearance for its acquisition of Lion Dairy and Drinks in 2019
- Vossloh Australia, rail technology company, on successfully obtaining ACCC clearance for its acquisition of Austrak in 2018
- a large multinational pharmaceutical company in relation to a criminal cartel investigation commenced into it by the ACCC in 2019, and a subsequent application for conditional immunity
- a major Australian bank to apply for conditional immunity in relation to potential cartel conduct and concerted practice, in 2018
Saloni advises clients on competition and consumer law issues, including in respect of anticompetitive conduct, merger clearances, ACCC investigations and distribution arrangements.