Suzy is an Of Counsel in the Competition, Regulation and Trade group.
Suzy is a London-based Of Counsel in our Competition, Regulation and Trade practice, advising on the full ambit of UK and EU competition law, including investigations, competition litigation, mergers and strategic behavioural issues across a range of sectors. She has a particular focus on the aviation industry, where she also provides specialised regulatory advice. Suzy has spent time on secondment to the legal departments at Marsh & McLennan, Lloyds Banking Group and Virgin Atlantic as well as in HSF's Hong Kong office where she worked on competition law matters in Hong Kong and across Asia-Pacific.
Suzy is listed as a Rising Star by the UK Legal 500 2023 and as a Competition Future Leader in Who's Who Legal 2022.
Suzy holds a BA in Classics from Durham University and Postgraduate Diplomas in Law from the College of Law and in EU Competition Law from King's College London. She is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
Experience & expertise
- NEC Software Solutions UK on its acquisition of SSS Public Safety and Secure Solutions USA LLC (previously part of Capita plc), subject to a Phase II investigation by the CMA
- Iveco as UK competition litigation counsel and EU coordinating counsel in relation to follow-on damages claims stemming from the European Commission's settlement decision in Trucks, one of the most high-profile competition infringement and follow-on damages cases in Europe
- Virgin Atlantic on transactional matters including its ground breaking securitisation of its London Heathrow landing slots, consortium rescue and takeover of Flybe and related EU derogation and its joint ventures with Delta and AFKLM
- An airline on the Civil Aviation Authority H7 price control review relating to Heathrow airport and a potential appeal to the CMA of the same
- EU and UK airlines on potential restructuring options in order to continue to satisfy the relevant airline licensing regulations post Brexit.