Supadith advises on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, technology, and privacy.
Supadith specialises in cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, representing both public and private clients in strategic transactions including M&A, joint ventures and corporate restructuring.
His experience covers a broad range of sectors including finance, asset management, manufacturing, wholesale and retail, food and beverage, power plants, and technology and media. He has extensive experience in due diligence investigations, drafting and negotiation of transaction documents and closing arrangements.
He is also familiar with capital markets matters, advising Thai listed companies on SEC and SET regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and board and shareholder advisory.
His experience includes advising private equity, offshore funds, securities companies, commercial banks, digital asset platforms on offerings of securities and financial products, provisions of regulated securities, derivatives and digital asset businesses on a cross-border basis as well as marketing restrictions on each.
In the technology sector, which faces regulatory challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, he advises large corporates and tech-startups including fintech, medtech, edtech on regulatory compliance of technology and data protection laws, as well as other relevant matters such as potential acquisitions, corporate structuring, platform design (UX and UI), and legal documents preparation.
Supadith holds a bachelor's degree in law (first-class honours) from Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. He is qualified as a Thai Barrister-at-Law and is a member of the Thai Bar Association. Admitted to practice in Thailand, he holds a lawyer licence and is also a notarial services attorney. He is a native speaker of Thai and is fluent in English.
Experience & expertise
- a world-leading internet and technology company, on investment in a new business venture with a leading digital and user-generated content provider in Southeast Asia to establish a JV in Thailand
- several onshore and offshore venture capital firms, in high-value acquisitions of startup companies including e-commerce marketplace platforms, peer-to-peer lending platforms, crowdfunding platforms, e-payment business operators, and e-learning platforms
- the largest global development financial institution, a member of World Bank Group, on its potential investment in a hospital chain business in Thailand
- a world leading brewery business on an asset acquisition from a Thai liquor distribution company.
- Southeast Asia's largest integrated car e-commerce platform on the dual listing of its shares on US and Singapore stock exchanges, and a world-leading manufacturer of disposable rubber gloves on the listing of its shares on Hong Kong's stock exchange
- a multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm on its provision of regulated investment advisory services and private fund management services on a cross-border basis
- a leading fintech events and marketing agency on marketing guidelines in compliance with the Thai SEC Act for an international financial B2B expo held in Thailand
- SET-listed companies on corporate governance as well as related party transaction regulations.
- a European multinational online food-delivery service operator on e-payment laws and corporate structures for the operation of the “FoodPanda” platform in Thailand
- the largest bank in Japan on Thai data protection laws affecting the cross-border transmission of personal data for implementation of the international sale of receivables
- a peer-to-peer lending service start up and an edtech start up on data protection laws, electronic transaction laws, platform review and preparation of legal documents.