Sung-Hyuk is Of Counsel in our Corporate team in Paris.
Sung-Hyuk advises and assists clients on a wide range of public and private domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital markets transactions. He also advises listed companies on corporate governance and market abuse (MAR) matters.
Sung-Hyuk is a member of the Korea Practice Group.
He is admitted to the Paris Bar and he is a member of JACOF (association of young and active Korean in France) since its creation in 2015.
Sung-Hyuk is fluent in French, English and Korean.
Sung-Hyuk graduated from the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne with a Master 2 degree in Financial Law and a Master 2 degree in Business and Tax Law as well as from the University of Paris Dauphine with a Master 1 in law and management.
Experience & expertise
- GPA Global, a specialist in full service premium packaging solutions, on its acquisition of the French group Cosfibel, one of the world's leading providers of promotional packaging, gifting, and items for luxury brands
- Groupe BPCE, on this strategic acquisition of Groupe Eurolocatique by BPCE Lease, specialist lease financing subsidiary of Groupe BPCE
- ENGIE on:
- the proposed sale and prior reorganization of Equans, a global multi-technical services leader, to Bouygues for €7.1 billion, as part of a competitive process
- the negotiation and implementation of a consortium with Crédit Agricole Assurances to acquire Eolia Renovables, one of Spain's largest renewable energy producers, from the Canadian fund Alberta Investment Management Corporation and the minority shareholders
- the acquisition of the Langa group, one of the main renewable energy players in France, focused on the production of solar energy and the sale of the Langa group's portfolio of operating companies to FEIH
- SOS Oxygène Participation (a company specialising in the distribution of breathing equipment) on its investment in MEK Healthcare in relation to its commercial partnership and the negotiation of a joint-venture agreement with MEKICS (a listed Korean company)
- Euler Hermes on the sale of Euler Hermes Rating, unit of Allianz SE’s credit-insurance arm Euler Hermes, to Scope Group, Europe's leading provider of independent credit ratings
- Arnault family Group, the majority shareholder of the group Christian Dior SE and LVMH, on (i) the simplified mix & match public offer on Christian Dior SE and (ii) the acquisition of Christian Dior Couture by LVMH from Christian Dior SE*
- Holcim, on the proposed combination with Lafarge to create a worldwide leader in the construction sector to be named LafargeHolcim through an exchange public offer (including the admission of shares on Euronext Paris) and the filing of a separate squeeze-out*
- Group MCA, an international player in engineering and high-tech consulting, in relation to its management buyout and the reorganisation of its share capital structure and in consecutive refinancing operations
- Fincantieri, an Italian shipbuilding company, on the acquisition of 50.1% of STX France (ex Chantiers de l'Atlantique) from STX O&S and negotiation of a new shareholders' agreement with the French state and Naval Group (aborted due to antitrust issues)*
- Eiffage in the context of (i) its indirect stake increase within APRR (motorway concession) by way of acquisition of shares from Macquarie funds and negotiation of a new shareholders' agreement, (ii) commercial partnerships and investments*
- AREA, a joint venture created by Eiffage and Macquarie, in the context of the acquisition of 46.1% of ADELAC (motorway concession) from the Bouygues group followed by an internal reorganization*
* Experience acquired prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills