Steven is a senior associate specializing in Commercial Litigation, and Corporate Crimes and Investigations.
Steven is an experienced commercial litigator, who has successfully represented clients in matters before state and federal courts in jurisdictions across the United States. He also has extensive experience in handling complex internal investigations and regulatory investigations, including FCPA, AML, and OFAC investigations, as well as those that concern data privacy.
Steven hosts a podcast series called The Bettor’s Verdict, on which he is joined by industry insider guests to discuss current issues in gambling law, sports law, and digital law.
Steven graduated Cum Laude from Fordham University School of Law where he was a Wilkinson’s Scholar. Steven also graduated from Fordham University Graduate School of Business Administration, where he received an MBA with a concentration in finance. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Steven worked as an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison.
Steven is admitted to practice law in New York.
Experience & expertise
- plaintiff-heirs as trial counsel in eight-figure conversion case against a major New York auction house
- a pharmaceutical company in connection with disputes related to a series of agreements governing the development, manufacture, and commercialization of pharma products containing a human protein substance
- members of the Russian Olympic Biathlon team in connection with various anti-doping related proceedings
- a placement-agent defending securities and common-law claims asserted by investors in a now-defunct biotechnology company
- a gaming start-up in connection with a dispute against an international gaming provider
- An international petroleum company in a series of contractual disputes and in connection with efforts to enforce a judgment
- the CEO of a major online poker company being prosecuted in the SDNY*
- a major social media company in an internal investigation regarding overseas fraud and corruption rules*
- a New York hedge fund in a SEC investigation*
- a financial advisor in an investigation related to insider trading charges against an employee*
- a large international bank in an OFAC investigation that spanned over 100 countries*
- a gaming company in a matter regarding the legality of online poker*
*Indicates experience acquired at a previous firm