Stephen is a corporate partner who specialises in investment fund matters.
Stephen works with clients on fund formation and investment structuring across a wide range of asset classes.
He advises general partners and cornerstone investors, including sovereign wealth funds, fund of fund investors and pension funds, on the establishment of private investment funds, club deals and managed account structures.
Stephen's experience includes working with clients on investment structures using traditional offshore jurisdictions, such as the Cayman Islands and Channel Islands, through to more regulated fund structures in Europe, Singapore and the Middle East. He covers the full spectrum of investment vehicles, from funds of one to joint ventures, club deals and widely held funds.
Stephen joined the firm in 2003 and is based in our London office, having previously completed secondments to our Paris, Singapore and Dubai offices
Experience & expertise
- Lend Lease in relation to its successful S$1.6 billion bid for and joint venture arrangements in relation to the development of a mixed use site at Paya Lebar, Singapore, with a strategic global investor
- Mizuho Bank on the establishment of the Gulf Japan Food Fund, a private equity fund that will invest US$400 million in the food and agri-business sector in the GCC and Japan
- Quadria Capital in relation to the establishment of its US$300 million Asia-focused healthcare fund
- Moorfield Group on the launch of Moorfield Real Estate Funds I, II and III and its programme of real estate acquisitions
- Signature Group on the launch of SSL Partners I and SSL Partners II, real estate funds established to develop and own premium quality care homes.