Stephanie leads the Alternative Legal Services (ALT) eDiscovery and Legal Technology practice for UK, US & EMEA.
Stephanie is responsible for the strategic direction of eDiscovery services and application of legal technology across UK, US and EMEA and pivotal to creating a continuous relationship with high profile multinational clients. She is a certified Agile PM Practitioner and has worked across a broad spectrum of legal sectors, facilitating their adoption of digital thinking and processes, while building knowledge and know-how for partners and fee earners to develop alongside digital change.
Her wealth of experience focusses on eDiscovery consultancy and project planning. This includes data mapping and early data assessment strategies, search term analysis and the effective use of predictive coding and conceptual analytics to drive accuracy and efficiency. Since joining HSF in 2018, she has created opportunities for legal specialists to obtain a full understanding of their hybrid legal/digital roles, allowing them to develop and advance their knowledge of current technological developments.
Stephanie has 20 years' experience in the eDiscovery industry. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, she worked at both global law firms and eDiscovery specialist providers.
Experience & expertise
- leading on a project to design and implement a new global cloud platform to support the firm’s legal teams wherever they are located and provide “follow the sun” digital solutions
- advising on a large-scale remediation scheme; leading a team including ALT's Quant analytics expert and HSF's software development team to design a highly customised solution to automate interest and tax calculations for offers
- providing crisis response in relation to a client with a serious cyber-security ransomware incident (providing data breach analytics support)
- advising an aviation client in multi-billion-dollar insurance claim; deploying early data insights to gain an overview of vast data population, enabling targeted decisions around review strategy
- advising a financial services company preparing an application plea for leniency before a competition regulator; advising the client on prioritising data for collection in a forensically sound manner and targeting search terms to best effect in order to meet a very tight deadline imposed by the regulator