Stefanie Herkert is a partner in our Real Estate practice in Frankfurt.
Stefanie advises institutional and private equity investors, developers, financial institutions and corporates on a full range of real estate services during the entire term of the investment, including acquisitions and disposals, joint venture investments, sale and leaseback structures and lettings. She has also specific expertise in real estate (cross border) finance transactions.
Stefanie Herkert graduated from the law school of the University of Heidelberg. She was admitted to the bar in 2006. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2013, Stefanie worked for several leading international law firms in Germany. A German native speaker, she is fluent in English and speaks French.
Experience & expertise
- Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) on the co-investment regarding the acquisition of the TaunusTurm in Frankfurt am Main
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on a strategic joint venture with Unibail-Rodamco regarding the indirect acquisition of a 46.1% interest in mfi AG, the second largest German Shopping Center Operator
- Amundi Immobilier on the acquisition of the Aqua Portfolio comprising 17 office properties in six Western European countries
- the lenders in relation to the project financing of the 725 kilometre, 1.4 GW NeuConnect Interconnector project between the UK and Germany
- the Mittal family on the sale of luxury fashion house ESCADA to Private Equity firm Regent