Simon is a corporate lawyer specialising in public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Simon advises clients in various industries on a range of corporate transactions, including takeovers, schemes of arrangements and negotiated acquisitions and disposals, as well as shareholder arrangements and restructures. He has significant experience in large-scale cross-border transactions, and has completed secondments with a number of different clients, including most recently with the private equity team of a global institutional fund manager.
Simon holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne. He was admitted to practice in Victoria in November 2015.
Simon is recognised as a Corporate and Commercial Law Rising Star in the 2022 edition of Doyle’s Guide.
Experience & expertise
- Newcrest on its proposed acquisition by Newmont by way of scheme of arrangement
- Crown Resorts on its acquisition by Blackstone by way of scheme of arrangement
- Alliance Aviation on its proposed acquisition by Qantas by way of scheme of arrangement
- BoozeBud on its acquisition of Get Wines Direct
- Metro Quarry Group on its acquisition by Adbri and Barro Group
- Total Tools on its acquisition by Metcash
- Amcor on its acquisition of NYSE-listed Bemis, redomiciliation to Jersey by way of scheme of arrangement, and dual listing on NYSE and ASX
- Mitula Group on its acquisition by TSE-listed LIFULL by way of scheme of arrangement
- OZ Minerals on its successful takeover bid for Avanco Resources
- Aconex on its acquisition by NYSE-listed Oracle by way of scheme of arrangement.