Simon is a real estate partner with experience in all areas of real estate, in particular development, acquisitions and disposals, pre-lets and finance work.
Simon has advised on a broad range of commercial real estate matters, including asset and corporate investment acquisitions and disposals, forward funding and purchase transactions, development projects, landlord and tenant matters and financings. He has acted for a range of clients, including some of the largest UK property companies, institutional investors and developers, banks and Government-owned entities, as well as having spent a year seconded to one of the UK's largest property companies.
Simon is recognised as 'Next Generation' partner by Legal 500 UK (real estate: corporate occupiers).
Experience & expertise
- a sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of Grosvenor House Suites, London from a group of Kuwaiti investors
- British Land and its joint venture partner on the management of the Broadgate Estate, including on the extensive redevelopment and pre-letting programme – recent major deals include the pre-lettings at 1 Broadgate to Allen & Overy and JLL
- City Developments Limited on its £181 million acquisition of four purpose-built student accommodation buildings (total of 1,657 beds) across England
- a hotel developer and operator in relation to the development of a large, luxury hotel in the City of London adjacent to the River Thames
- British Land on the sale of the UBS headquarters building in Broadgate, London to Cheung Kong for £1 billion
- a sovereign wealth fund on the acquisition of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London (the HSBC tower) from the National Pension Service of Korea
- Brookfield on the development, pre-letting and financing of 1 Leadenhall (a 500,000 square foot City of London development scheme partly pre-let to Latham & Watkins)