Shona is a real estate partner with extensive commercial property experience.
Based in London, Shona has advised on the real estate aspects of many high-profile corporate acquisitions and disposals. Shona's work encompasses a broad range of commercial real estate matters, with particular expertise on private equity investment, development and financing transactions, working for UK, US and European private equity funds (as investors, developers and joint venture partners), institutions and sovereign wealth funds. In addition, Shona has experience of transacting complex warranty and indemnity insurance-backed corporate real estate deals.
Shona is recognised as a leading individual in Legal 500 UK (investment).
Experience & expertise
- Apollo on the £170 million acquisition of a portfolio of 14 logistics and industrial properties
- Heathrow Airport (previously BAA) on the establishment and disposal of the £800 million Airport Property Partnership, its sale of Gatwick Airport and the development of a new hotel at Heathrow Terminal 4
- a Far Eastern sovereign wealth fund on its investment in a 50/50 joint venture with a UK-listed company to develop a 200,000 square foot office and retail development above a major London Crossrail station
- on the real estate, corporate, planning, construction, and tax aspects of the the W&I backed corporate acquisition of Panattoni Park, Northampton
- on the pan-European sale of 2.2 million square feet of logistics assets in Italy and Spain
- on the acquisition and development forward funding of three logistics warehouses comprising 623,000 sq/ft at Panattoni Park in Northampton and the subsequent lettings to Eddie Stobart
- on the financing of a portfolio of development and investment logistics assets in the UK, Germany and France