Sarah is a disputes lawyer focusing on complex commercial litigation as well as regulatory investigations and enforcement.
Sarah has wide-ranging experience across commercial litigation, class actions, regulatory investigations and enforcement. She has also leveraged her professional background as an analyst at a global investment bank to develop expertise in contentious financial services regulatory matters. Sarah’s experience includes advising:
- a global investment bank in relation to criminal cartel proceedings
- a major global technology company in relation to novel digital platform regulation
- a global bank in relation to an investigation by ASIC into alleged insider trading and market manipulation
- a fund manager defending a market manipulation claim in the Federal Court
- an ASX 20 company in defending a shareholder class action in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- an ASX 20 company in defending a class action in the Supreme Court of Queensland
Sarah has also advised various public companies in relation to the Court approval process for schemes of arrangement including:
- BINGO Industries Limited on its A$2.3 billion acquisition by MIRA (2021)
- Access Intelligence plc on its acquisition of Isentia Group Ltd (2021)
- Link Group in its proposed A$3.5 billion (EV) acquisition by Dye & Durham (2022)
Sarah holds a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours and a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance with Distinction from the University of New South Wales. Sarah is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales.
In 2022, Sarah featured in the Lawyers Weekly “30 Under 30” as the winner of the Dispute Resolution & Litigation category.
Sarah was also named “Rising Star of the Year (Big Law)” in the 2022 Women in Law Awards and was a finalist for “Rising Star of the Year (Private Practice)” in the 2022 Australian Law Awards.