Sarah is the Head of Corporate Knowledge for our UK practice.
Sarah focuses on providing technical advice to clients on compliance with corporate law and listed company regulation, in particular new developments. Sarah also writes regularly on corporate law and delivers a wide range of legal training to colleagues and clients.
Sarah trained in our London office and qualified in 2005. She was a corporate transactional lawyer prior to becoming a corporate professional support lawyer, and undertook a secondment to support the training and know-how needs of our Southeast Asia practice before her current role.
Experience & expertise
- a range of listed company clients on UK corporate law issues, including company meetings, corporate reporting, articles of association, continuing obligations under the Market Abuse Regulation and Listing, Disclosure and Transparency Rules, directors' duties and corporate governance, Companies Act 2006 issues and a variety of contract law issues
- both international and ASEAN based companies seeking to invest in Southeast Asia or partner with Southeast Asian companies and governments in new and existing ventures
- EDF SA on its £12 billion takeover of British Energy Group plc and associated plans for new nuclear build in the UK
- Resolution plc on its proposed £8.6 billion merger with Friends Provident; competing £4.9 billion bid, subsequently recommended, by a consortium of Standard Life and Swiss Re and competing £5 billion bid, subsequently recommended, by a consortium of Pearl and Royal London; and previously on its innovative £1.55 billion rights issue and £3.6 billion acquisition of Abbey National Life Businesses
- Logica CMG on its £400 million 1 for 2 rights issue and €1 billion takeover of Unilog and previously on its £880 million takeover of WM-data, leading French and Swedish IT services providers.