Sarah is an associate in the firm's corporate practice focussing on the energy sector.
Sarah is a corporate lawyer with experience in advising clients on M&A transactions in a wide range of sectors. Sarah has a particular focus on renewable energy and specialises in the corporate aspects of project work (from the development stage to the commercial operation stage) as well as M&A transactions in the renewable energy secondary market. Her experience includes advising multinational clients on renewable energy transactions in South Africa and Southern Africa.
Sarah holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Law from University of Stellenbosch. She was admitted as an attorney in South Africa in 2015. Before joining the firm's London office in 2023, Sarah was based in Johannesburg working for the South African Practice.
Experience & expertise
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited on the acquisition of the entire shareholding of X-Elio Energy, S.L. in two solar projects, being Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV De Aar (RF) Proprietary Limited and Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV Prieska (RF) Proprietary Limited
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited in relation to an equity investment by Stanlib
- Publicis Groupe Holdings B.V in relation to a debt to equity conversion through a subscription for preference shares in MMS Communications South Africa Proprietary Limited
- Bunengi Group Holdings Proprietary Limited in relation to its acquisition of shares in Cisco Systems Inc, a company listed on the Nasdaq, as part of a BEE transaction for Cisco Technology and Services (South Africa) Proprietary Limited
- Huge Group Limited in relation to a BEE transaction relating to Huge Connect, involving the subscription for preference shares by Huge Group and the subscription for ordinary shares by Windfall 111 Properties Proprietary Limited.