Samuel is an experienced corporate lawyer, focused on mergers & acquisitions
Samuel is a trusted adviser to many ASX listed clients, providing advice on a range of commercial issues and acting on a number of market leading mergers and acquisitions, as well as equity capital market transactions.
Samuel has advised clients across a range of industries, on a range of public and private transactions. He has particular experience in advising on public and private mergers and acquisitions, fund raisings, joint ventures, commercial agreements and broader corporate advisory roles.
Samuel combines technical knowledge with a passion for close collaboration and understanding of clients’ business to deliver the best result for clients.
Samuel has a Bachelor of Arts (Distinction) and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of New South Wales, and a Graduate Certificate in Commerce from the University of Sydney.
Experience & expertise
- Perpetual Limited’s $2.4 billion acquisition of Pendal and associated defence of Perpetual from a $1.8 billion approach by a private equity consortium
- MA Financial’s $145 million acquisition of mortgage aggregator, Finsure, and associated $120 million capital raise (involving a placement and share purchase plan)
- Seven West Media on its $130 million acquisition of Prime Media Group
- TPG Telecom on its A$16.5 billion merger with Vodafone Hutchison Australia, including the listing of the merged group and the separate demerger and listing of the TPG Singapore business, Tuas Limited
- Perpetual on its US$319 million acquisition of a 75% stake in global investment management business, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss, and associated $275 million capital raising (involving a placement and share purchase plan)
- The sale of Lendlease’s engineering business to Acciona
- Lendlease’s $1.15 billion capital raising (involving a placement and share purchase plan)
- Aveo Group on its $1.3 billion acquisition by Brookfield Asset Management by way of a dual company and trust scheme stub equity structure
- Westpac on the sale of its financial advisory business to Viridian Advisory.