Sam is a Senior Associate in our corporate team, specialising in IP commercialisation.
Sam advises clients on complex commercial transactions, specialising in advising on IP ownership issues, IP structuring, and commercialising IP assets.
Sam’s expertise includes advising on:
- IP aspects of mergers and acquisitions including IP licensing and brand splits;
- research collaboration agreements, research funding agreements and clinical trial research agreements;
- sponsorship and partnership arrangements, marketing agreements and merchandising;
- supply and distribution arrangements;
- public art strategy and art commissioning agreements; and
- franchising agreements, including advice in relation to compliance with regulatory regimes.
Sam graduated in 2016 from the University of Technology, Sydney with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media, Arts and Production).
Experience & expertise
- a wide range of matters for pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies, including on research, licensing, commercialisation, distribution and biosecurity agreements
- Private equity investors on the IP aspects of various acquisitions and investments, including brand split structures
- Property developers on public art commissioning arrangements for new developments as part of public art strategy
- Suncorp Group on its proposed $4.9 billion sale of the Suncorp Bank to ANZ
- Boral on the $1.3 billion sale of its 50% interest in the USG Boral joint venture to Knauf