Sam is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team in Dubai.
Sam is an Australian-qualified Associate in the Dubai disputes practice with a focus on complex, large scale construction and engineering disputes. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Sam worked out of Brisbane Australia, where he assisted clients with disputes concerning major infrastructure and mining projects, in particular disputes concerning road and rail. Sam has also worked on a number of commercial real estate projects across Australia and Papua New Guinea, including disputes concerning presence of flammable cladding.
Sam relocated to Dubai in 2023, having previously trained and practised in Australia.
Experience & expertise
- a toll road owner in Queensland Supreme Court proceedings relating to claims for defective works and loss of toll revenue arising out of an AUD $2 billion motorway upgrade project*
- the owner/operator of a coal port terminal in respect of pre-litigious negotiations with a contractor concerning breach of contract and alleged repudiation*
- a commercial real estate portfolio owner in separate Supreme Court proceedings concerning flammable aluminium composite panelling on several office towers*
- a design and construct joint venture in respect of ACICA arbitration arising out of an AUD $1.6 billion road development project *
- a mining principal in respect of significant claims for payment and extension of time received from contractors in relation to the development and refurbishment of mining sites in Queensland and South Australia*
* experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills