Sam is an Associate in our general commercial litigation team.
Sam works on a range of commercial disputes and potential disputes, spanning a variety of different sectors. Many of these disputes involve an international element, and Sam has worked on both litigation and arbitration.
Sam is based in our London office having previously completed a six month secondment to the firm's International Arbitration team in Paris.
In addition, Sam has performed advocacy for various cases on a pro bono basis. This has included representing claimants for two five-day hearings at the Employment Tribunal on two different cases, where he was opposed by experienced barristers.
Sam studied French and German at the University of Oxford, graduating in 2014.
Sam completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at BPP University.
Sam trained at the firm and was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in March 2019.
Experience & expertise
- an asset management group on litigation in various jurisdictions and a separate arbitration relating to alleged serious misconduct and alleged mismanagement of assets in connection with US$500 million investments in three funds in two jurisdictions
- a major accountancy firm defending claims in the English High Court alleging negligent tax advice
- a major telecommunications and logistics company on a successful mediation in connection with a class action in the English High Court
- an international law firm on an arbitration against one of its former partners who sought to resign from the firm and commence work for a direct competitor in alleged breach of various restrictive covenants
- a pan-African energy company in relation to a joint venture dispute, including in relation to minority shareholder remedies