Sam specialises in commercial litigation with a focus on class actions and regulatory investigations.
Sam regularly acts for defendants in large-scale and complex litigation including class actions. Sam has experience in financial product class actions, shareholder class actions and mass tort class actions. Sam also provides advice in relation to other commercial disputes including regulatory investigations.
Sam holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in Melbourne. He was admitted as an Australian Legal Practitioner in December 2017.
Experience & expertise
- ANZ Bank in relation to a class action arising out of the sale of credit card insurance.
- a major Australian retail bank in relation to a class action arising out of the sale of motor vehicle finance.
- A major international bank in relation to a class action brought in the Federal Court of Australia.
- A major Australian retail bank in defending actions brought by shareholders and investor groups.
- a number of banks in responding to notices issued by regulators such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- A major Australian aged-care provider in relation to a contractual dispute and claim of misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Public companies in relation to the Court approval process for schemes of arrangement.