Saloni assists clients in finding solutions to competition and consumer law issues.
Saloni advises clients across various sectors involved in ACCC investigations concerning potentially anticompetitive conduct and consumer law issues. She has assisted both domestic and international clients to successfully obtain Australian merger clearance as well as provided competition advice on contemplated transactions and supply chain arrangements. Saloni has also advised clients on consumer law risks associated with product marketing and company agreements and dealings with consumers.
Saloni studied law at the University of Technology, Sydney (2016) and also completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law from King’s College in London (2021). Saloni was admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2017 and to the High Court of Australia in 2020.
Experience & expertise
- multiple clients in relation to ACCC clearance on proposed mergers
- a major consumer service delivery platform in relation to an ACCC investigation concerning consumer law issues
- AGL Energy Limited in respect of ongoing competition and consumer law compliance, including in relation to its recent entry into the telecommunications sector
- a consumer merchandise provider on an Australian Consumer Law investigation by the ACCC into allegations of unfair contract terms and misleading or deceptive conduct, including the negotiation of settlement of the matter with the ACCC
- a large multinational pharmaceutical company in relation to a criminal cartel investigation commenced into it by the ACCC in 2019, and a subsequent application for conditional immunity
- a major Australian bank to apply for conditional immunity in relation to potential cartel conduct and concerted practice, in 2018.