Sally is a senior associate in the firm's corporate practice with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Sally has advised clients on project development (including decommissioning, operational and corporate advisory matters), acquisitions and disposals as well as corporate financing. Sally has spent periods based in Herbert Smith Freehills' offices in Australia, Hong Kong, France and the UK, and was seconded to Origin Energy Resources as agent for Australia Pacific LNG advising the business on upstream procurement contracts.
Sally holds degrees in law (honours) and international relations (business) from Bond University. Sally was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in 2011.
Experience & expertise
- the lenders on a US$2 billion reserve-based lending facility to finance the proposed US$3.9 billion acquisition by Neptune Energy of EPI, Engie's upstream oil and gas exploration and production business
- a confidential client on the restructuring of its joint venture arrangements in the North Sea and on the decommissioning of its interests in the associated offshore platform and pipeline infrastructure
- a confidential consortium on the proposed acquisition of 51% of National Grid's gas distribution business
- Hartree on its investment in, and financing and development of a portfolio of gas fired embedded peaking power plants, through a joint venture with Power Balancing Services Limited
- BHP Billiton on its suite of standard procurement contracts.