Sakura is a solicitor in the Projects, Energy & Infrastructure team in Perth.
Sakura advises public and private companies in relation to acquisitions and divestments, joint ventures, commodity marketing, and business structuring, predominantly in the oil and gas, renewables, and mining sectors.
Sakura is a native English and Japanese speaker and has experience assisting Japanese clients on various transactions.
Sakura completed a client secondment at JERA Australia in 2021.
Sakura holds a Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Western Australia. She is a member of the Australia-Japan Society of Western Australia.
Experience & expertise
- BHP on the merger of its petroleum business with Woodside Energy
- Mitsui and certain of its affiliates on the:
- internal restructure of its Australian energy business; and
- administration of Clough for the Waitsia Stage 2 gas project
- South32 on the sale of a portfolio of gold royalty interests in Australia to Elemental Corporation, and a portfolio of metal royalties to Anglo Pacific
- PE Wheatstone on a price review under a long-term LNG SPA, and drafting and negotiating spot LNG SPAs
- Tokyo Electric Power Company and Flotation Energy on corporate structuring in relation to an offshore wind farm project in Australia