Rubin advises borrowers and lenders across a broad variety of debt transactions and product types, including large scale corporate finance, property finance and project financing. She has experience working in a range of sectors, including mining, energy, retail, property and aged care.
Rubin works with clients on their secured and unsecured loan transactions (including syndicated, club and bilateral facilities), security agreements and intercreditor arrangements, as well as assisting on due diligence.
Clients appreciate Rubin for her practical approach to solving issues and her assistance in efficiently driving complex transactions to financial close.
Rubin's recent experience involves acting:
- for CBA, NAB and SMBC in relation to Crown Resort's $560m club financing
- for Ventia on it’s a $485m cross-border acquisition of Broadspectrum from Ferrovial
- for ANZ on its facility to the Roe Highway Logistics Park Unit Trust to fund the acquisition and subsequent development of the Roe Highway Logistics Park, Western Australia
- for Oryx Communities on the provision by ANZ of facilities to fund the development and conversion of the Richardson Hotel in West Perth, Western Australia, into an Aged Care Facility
- Bethanie Group on the provision by CBA of a facility to fund the construction of retirement and aged care living developments throughout Perth, Western Australia
- on the project financing of the Onslow Marine Support Base, a port facility in the North West of Australia
- for Toll Holdings on and in relation to its financing agreements
- for Rivet Group on its senior and mezzanine debt facilities
- on the project financing of the expansion of the Greenough River Solar Farm
- on the project financing of the Warradarge Wind Farm
- for ANZ (as MLAB) and a syndicate of lenders on the $725m refinancing of ATCO Gas’ syndicated revolving corporate debt facilities
- for Westpac on the refinancing of the development and construction costs of Pinky’s Eco Retreat located on Rottnest Island, Western Australia
- for a number of other corporates (including Adairs, Vicinity, Lendlease and iSelect) on their bilateral and syndicated financing arrangements
Rubin holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Economics (majoring in Money and Banking and International Business) from the University of Western Australia. Rubin joined the firm as a graduate after completing an associateship at the Supreme Court of Western Australia with the President of the Court of Appeal. She has worked in the banking and finance teams in Perth and Melbourne, and is currently admitted to practice as a solicitor in Victoria.