Ruaridh has been involved in a broad spectrum of work for both public and private sector companies on a range of information technology and commercial contract matters including outsourcing, large IT procurements, software development, system integration, licensing and data protection.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Ruaridh has gained significant insights into the challenges faced by in-house lawyers through various client secondments.
Ruaridh has advised:
- Clear.Bank on its establishment as the UK's fifth clearing bank, transforming the digital clearing bank market with a modern, purpose built and cloud-based digital banking platform.
- Uber Technologies Inc. on the US$3.725 billion combination of its ridesharing business in Russia and neighbouring Commonwealth of Independent States countries with Yandex.
- a FTSE 100 company in relation to its negotiation for system integration services regarding the transformation of its trade-marketing and distribution functions*
- a financial services institution on the negotiation of both its UK and International outsourcing agreements regarding temporary workers and associated recruitment process*
- a FTSE 100 company with its negotiations for the development of an identity protection and fraud detection software solution*
- a financial services institution with the review and renegotiation of its technology contracts in relation to the divestment of a group company*
*Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Ruaridh holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from the University of Glasgow and completed his Diploma in Professional Legal Practice there in 2011.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Ruaridh trained and worked for international law firms in Scotland and London.